- Products & Technology
- Pilot Training Solutions
- Government & Military
Virtual Flight Deck™ (VFD)
The Virtual Flight Deck™ (VFD) is is a full simulation of your aircraft’s specific flight deck brought to life on a PC. With the VFD, pilot and maintenance technician trainees can scan, view and operate all panels, controls, indicators and displays within the flight deck.
For Instructor-Led Training and Individual Self-Paced Learning
The VFD provides real-time interaction with every system in a free-play training environment for pilots and maintenance technicians. The VFD features Aerosim’s Lesson Plan Editor (LPE) which can be used to build structured procedural lessons for classroom use and distance learning environments. The procedural lessons prepare students for a seamless transition to the Virtual Procedure Trainer (VPT), FTD or FFS; ensuring a more effective training session.
Trainees can master preflight checks, automated flight, takeoff, climb, cruise, as well as non-normal and emergency procedures. System simulation include electrical, fuel, hydraulics, pneumatics and more. Each system is fully integrated in the flight deck and has complete interaction with other systems. Maintenance aspects of the software range from malfunctions and diagnostics to simulation of the avionics bay and external aircraft components. Active schematics are available for most aircraft types.
- Standard/Custom aircraft configuration
- Single or dual screen configuration
- Can be delivered via classroom, computer lab or distance learning
- Lesson Plan Editor™ for courseware development
- Simulation Control – Ground Reset, Freeze, Acceleration (x10), SNAPSHOT and Reposition
- Uses aircraft navigation database and updates
- Maintenance functions and active schematics
- Malfunctions for non-normal and emergency procedures
- Optional 3D simulated aircraft hardware for CDU, MCP/FGP, etc…
Aircraft Currently Available
|Airbus A319, 320, 330||Boeing 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 747-400, 747-200, 757, 767-300, 777||CRJ200, CRJ700||Dornier 320, EC2||Adam A500, Dash 8 Q200, DC-9, CL 605|